Wednesday, February 20, 2008



This day has been beyond my wildest dreams. Maybe my new do is even too great (is that possible?) Many people complemented me and asked me about my hair.

My not sisterlocks, not nappylocks -- microlocks look is new to the streets of Pittsburgh. Even on a cold windy day people noticed my do. I didn't really look to get noticed on the street. I am middle aged and married but I am happy to have more people excited about natural hair. So many people stopped me to go out of their way to compliment my hair. What fun!

I sprayed a little water and put some perm rods in in for about an hour this morning. The curls are great. They have lasted all day.

I also have people asking me about how to get their locks done. My biggest challenge is what to call my locks . . .microlocks . . . cousinlocks. . . Funny how many people have to be told a couple of times that this is all my hair that grew out of my head.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,

I really like your locks, they remind me of mine when I first did them. I'm excited for you. Enjoy your journey!

Amba said...

Your locks look lovely Tracey. They were beautifully done. Enjoy your journey. I'll be visiting often

Anonymous said...

They are looking good already. Can`t wait to see what they look like once they thicken up.

Docs Locs said...

Name your locs after YOU! They are beautiful!

anthia-ofo said...

You did the right thing with your microlocs. They look very good. How many locs dyou have and how much did it cost? This is a real alternative for those who can't get sls for whatever reason.

CarmenNC said...

The lady who put them in should coin a name for the locks or be named after the salon. They do look great and I wish I had a partner to help me install.

Anonymous said...

Tracy! I love your hair! My name is Rachel and I live in Pittsburgh and am interested in getting my hair done similar to yours. Do you know the name of the technician or where to start in the city? My email address is: raewood@juno.com. I would love you talk to you!

Kimani's Knapps said...

Please post some new pictures. I love your hair.... check my blog when you can...

msKimani

Eyedinity said...

See, this is what I'm talking about right here! I sat down and darn near let my fish burn trying to read your WHOLE blog. I MUST keep in contact with you. I love how you did what you had to do to get what you wanted. I love how you let the world that that no- I don't have sisterlocks, nappylocs or nobody's named locks; they're named by their size which happens to be microlocs and I agree with docs locs, name them after you!

I am so empowered reading this. After going back and forth, I'm glad I decided to start my own journey and now I have EyedinityLocs!

Power to you my sister! For real!! Be well!!1

Eyedinity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nubian1 said...

Yep microlocks looking good.

KnottyAuthor said...

how were they started latched or braids? i started mine with 400 microbraids. im in columbus and cert in natural hair. i'd love to work something out with you. i also visit Wexnar(i think thats how you spell it) in Pitts area, family. lets chat! cheleski@theknottytruth.net